Thank you to Emily at her wonderful blog Reaching While Rooted for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Check out Emily’s blog, read her insightful reviews and fun tags and all that jazz. Follow her if you do not do so already!
(Apologies, Emily, that it has taken me an age to get round to answering your questions!)
Rules for Accepting the Award:
- Write about it on your blog and thank the person who nominated you. Write a bit about their blog.
- Display the ward on your blog
- Nominate 5 or 10 blogs which you feel deserve it
- Let the nominees know you nominated them.
Don’t forget to to create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they will know what to do. Once you are done, come back here and post the link so I can check your answers!
Emily’s questions and my answers:
1. What inspired you to create a blog.
A friend asked me whether I had read a certain book (I can’t remember which one) to which I replied, “Yes.” Friend: “When?” Me: “Ummmm.” Friend: “What did you think of it?” Me: “I can’t quite remember…”
Basically to avoid the above, I thought it would be fun to document the books I read and what I thought of them.
2. If you could quit your day job, what would you do instead?
Well, I quite my day job four years ago (has it really been four years???!!!! Maybe three and a half…) when I decided I simply wanted to enjoy being a mum to my (now) five-year-old daughter for a while. After childcare costs I really was not earning enough to make it worth it. We are about to open a holiday cottage though, which I will be taking care of. I thought I would spend lots of time reading and I do spend some time doing just that, but my time tends to fill up anyway with all sorts of nonsense. I kind of like it that way. 🙂
3. A portal opens up to another land or time in your room. Where does it go?
Oh dead, I don’t know. Maybe Australia. I spent ten months there about fifteen years ago and fell in love with the country. There are areas I would love to explore a bit more.
4. What is your least favourite genre?
Horror. I get nightmares easily and don’t really like gore.
5. What is your favourite animal?
Horse – no contest!
6. What’s your favourite hobby when you are not reading?
I love writing, even if I am not that great at it. I love horse riding, but have not done it much in recent years. I do love watching a bit of telly of an evening too. Well, that’s about the gist of my terribly exciting life.
7. It’s time for a vacation. Who is your travel partner?
My husband and my daughter of course!
8. Do you have a life philosophy? If so, what is it?
Be yourself and and do listen to others, but don’t let them live your life for you. Be strong and don’t be afraid to say no!
9. You find a time machine and travel ten years back in time. What advice or life affirmation would you give yourself?
See question 8. It took me long enough.
10. What is one thing you love about yourself?
Oh, yeah, sure, go in with the hard question last! I love that I have learned to simply love myself. That single thing has changed so much. When you love yourself and allow yourself to make mistakes, you can be a far better support to others. No, I am not perfect, but neither as anyone else and actually, I am pretty all right 🙂 Deep, right!
The blogs I want to nominate are:
And these are your questions:
1. What is your one favourite book (no whole series, a single book!)?
2. What is the first book you remember loving as a child?
3. Do you have any pets? If so, do share!
4. Pink, purple or blue?
5. Favourite ever book cover?
6. Is there a popular book you did not like?
7. What is it you like most about blogging?
8. Do you use Goodreads, and if so, how many books are on your Goodreads TBR?
9. Fairies or unicorns?
10. Lord of the Rings or Jane Austen?
I know these questions are quite random, but I would love to see your answers, so let me know when you have gotten round to doing this one!