After the huge book haul from last month I have been keeping quiet on the book buying front. Go me! I did pop into the charity shop over the weekend to look for riding boots for my daughter (which they did not have!), so I could not not go to the book section.
I spent a grand total of €3.75 on the following books:
1. The Girl with the Pearl Earring (Tracy Chevalier)
I do like a bit of historical fiction and this book is set in my country, so why not read it? I don’t actually mind the movie cover on this one.
2. The Long Way Down (Nick Hornby)
This actually has a pretty low rating on Goodreads (3.41), but it sounds kind of fun.
3. A Little Learning (Evelyn Waugh)
I never read any Evelyn Waugh, but this is an autobiography as far as I can tell and I will probably like it.
4. Lord Arthur Savile’s Crime and Other STories (Oscar Wilde)
I love The PIcture of Dorian Gray so much, I have always resisted reading anymore Wilde, bu tit might be about time! I have a book of Wilde’s collected work, but this paperback will be much easier to read.
5. Don’t Look Now (Daphne Du Maurier)
A collection of five short stories – perfect!
6. Quartet in Autumn (Barbara Pym)
7. The Sweet Dove Died (Barbara Pym)
8. Eccellent Women (Barbara Pym)
9. Jane and Prudence (Barbara Pym
The cover of Quarter in Autumn caught my eye with it’s pretty pattern and autumn colours. Then I found three more from the same writer with the same kind of covers. The stories seem to be about friendships and relationships and sound like good reads – I decided I needed them all!
So, that was my small haul from October so far. I don’t think there will be many more! Let me know if you read any of these books or authors!