2018 is over and so is December! The last third of December is always a bit tricky as there is almost so much going on!
In the end I am pretty happy that I managed to read 9 books.
These are the books and the order I am read them in:
1. The Christmas Forest (Rebecca Boxall) ★★★★★☆☆
2. The Light in the Dark (Horatio Clare) ★★★★★★☆
3. Christmas at Conwenna Cove (Darcie Boleyn) ★★★★★☆☆
4. The Muse (Jessie Burton) ★★★★☆☆☆
5. Wives and Daughters (Elizabeth Gaskell) ★★★★★★☆
6. Hunting Annabelle (Wendy Heard) ★★★★★☆☆
7. Winterdance (Gary Paulson) ★★★★★★☆
8. Midwinter (Fiona Melrose) ★★★★★★★
9. A Winter Flame (Milly Johnson) ★★★☆☆☆☆
December was a pretty mixed bag. I read three chick lit novels, which is unusual for me. Two were really good, one not so much. Four books were part of my Winter Project. I was disappointed with A Winter Flame and The Muse, but pleased I finished Wives and Daughters, which I loved in the end. I re-read Winterdance, which was wonderful and managed to find a new non-fiction favourite in The Light in the Dark. On top of that, I read my favourite book of the year, Midwinter.
BOOK OF THE MONTH:
Midwinter by Fiona Melrose was my first 7-star fiction read since starting my blog. The writing and slow story blew me away. I just thought it was beautiful and I am so so glad I read it. A treasure for sure!