Let’s look at the books I bought in January a year ago and how many I have read a year on. I will choose one of the unread books to read this month.
Number of books hauled: 14
That’s not too bad.
Most of the used books were €0.50 or less, so a pretty tame month spending wise.
Books read: 4
Yeah, that’s not great, is it?
The books I have read are:
- Dreamer’s Pool (Juliet Marillier) new
- The Humans (Matt Haig) used
- Delivering Virtue (Brian Kindall) author request
- A Study in Scarlet & The Sign of the Four (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) new
Note to self: That reminds me that I would like to continue the Blackthorn & Grim series by Juliet Marillier.
Interesting that I have read 2 of the 3 new books, but only 1 of the 11 used books. I did read the author request book, which I liked. It was a very unusual book, but I remember enjoying it. All four of these books deserved to stay on my shelf by the way, so no unhauls!
- The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas) used – I did actually read this almost twenty years ago and loved it, so I bought a copy to re-read. I will count it as unread.
- Life After Life (Kate Atkinson) used – I want to try and read this year
- The Book of Lost Things (John Conolly) – used
- The Snow Child (Eowyn Ivey) – used
- Botswana Time (Will Randall) – used – non-fiction
- Holland Mania (Anette Stott) – used – non-fiction
- Centaur (Declan Murphy/Ami Rao) – new – non-fiction – I can’t believe I have not read this yet, as I was so looking forward to it when I bought it!
- Tom Jones (Henry Fielding) used – classic – not a priority
- Moby Dick (Herman Melville) used – classic – not a priority
- Collected Ghost Stories (M R James) used – maybe for Halloween season?
BOOK PICK JANUARY 2019:
Because it is on my Winter Project list anyway, I will read The Snow Child this month, but I am tempted to pick up Centaur as well, depending on time.