So, let’s have a look at some stuff 😉
Total books read in 2018: 112
Pages read: 39,148 (+485 of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
Average rating: 4.9 (out of 7, remember!)
Average book length: 350 pages
Longest book: Shadow Rising (Robert Jordan) at 1011 pages
Shortest book: Croakers – Book 1: Tomorrow (Cindy L Grier) at 106 pages
1★ – none! (to be fair – I would DNF a 1★ book pretty quickly. I DNF’d 3 books.
7★ – 2 (one fiction, one non-fiction)
Some random graphs
Pretty interesting that my reading was pretty stable throughout the year, but peaked in summer, whilst May was my worst reading month with 7 books read.
I have been reading far more physical books than I did last year, for a large part due to me requesting far less NetGalley ARCs.
Some random stuff
- Out of 112 books, 62 were by female authors, 49 by male authors and 1 by a combination of the two.
- I read books by authors born in 11 different countries, with most books (50) written by US-born authors, followed by UK authors (43).
- 30 books were published in 2018, 22 between 2016 and 2017 and 22 between 2011 and 2015. I read 13 books from the 1990s and 5 written in the 1800s.
- My biggest fiction genres were as follows: 32 were fantasy, 18 historical fiction and 14 contemporary.
- Non-Fiction genres: 5 were natural history subjects, 4 were autobiographies and 3 biographies.
- 12 books were re-reads, which means exactly 100 new books read!
- About 75% of the books I read were adult fiction or non-fiction – I felt I had read quite a lot of Young Adult, but apparently not!
- 69 books were standalones, 43 were part of a series
- I only read one poetry collection, one anthology and two graphic novels.
- I read 9 hardbacks vs 49 paperbacks
- I read 28 NetGalley e-ARCS and 10 author requests
- I read 4900 pages in August!
- I read NO Dutch language books in 2018