I wanted to buy a few more Agatha Christie books, as I would really like to start reading some of her books again. I used to enjoy them quite a bit. My charity shop gave me three last year, but has been shooting blanks ever since, so I decided to try online. I checked eBay first, but found them as a whole pretty overpriced. In the end I went on Abe Books and found some there for a decent price. I bought a few other books from that seller as well.
So, the Agatha books:
- Murder is Easy – Superintendent Battle #4 – this is neither a Miss Marple or Poirot one, but we will see! (I could not find the right cover on Goodreads)
- Cat Among The Pigeons – A Poirot mystery (#34)
- Sparkling Cyanide – this is a Colonel Race mystery (#4), which I have never read.
- Dumb Witness – A Poirot mystery (#16)
- A Caribbean Mystery – A Miss Marple mystery (#10)(again, not the edition I have)
- N or M? – A Tommy and Tuppence mystery (#3)
- By The Pricking of my Thumbs – another Tommy and Tuppence mystery (#4)
- Appointment with Death – A Poirot mystery (#19) (not the right cover)
I browsed the seller’s other books and ended up with two Dick Francis books as well:
I really liked those covers. I haven’t read a Dick Francis in a while and I used to enjoy them.
Finally, I got the second book in the Tawny Man series by Robin Hobb, which is Golden Fool, I already owned the first one in this edition.
The main issue I have with buying books via Abe is that you do not always get the cover you think you’re buying, which was the case with the Agatha books. It’s fine as they are all the same pocket book size, which I like, but are different editions than the pictures suggested. That does annoy me slightly, but not enough to worry about.
Luckily the Dick Francis books and the Golden Fool ARE the editions advertised as I bought them for those specific covers.