Let’s look at the books I bought in February a year ago and see how many I have read a year on. I will choose one of the unread books to read this month.
Number of books hauled: 12
Books read: 3
Could have done better here.
The books I have read are all the books sent to me by authors. I don’t often get books sent to me that often, but I got three in one month and I am glad to say they all still deserve a place on my shelves.
- Times New Roman (Martha Miller) ★★★★★★☆
- The Things We Do (Kay Pfaltz) ★★★★★☆☆
- Little Maryam (Hamid Baig) ★★★★★☆☆
Books unread: 9
- The Lady Chapel (Candace Robb)
- A Gift of Sanctuary (Candace Robb)
- A Nun’s Tale (Candace Robb)
- Vixen (Rosie Garland)
- Max Havelaar (Multatulli) in Dutch
- Het Beloofde Land (Adriaan van Dis) in Dutch
- Vogel (Oh Jung-Hee) in Dutch
- The Mystery Book (various)
- Wintersong (S Jae Jones)
All of the above were bought used, some via Abe Books and others from my local charity shop. Looking at it now, there are definitely a couple of books there I am not that interested in anymore. I will leave them on my shelf for another year and then re-evaluate.
BOOK PICK FEBRUARY 2019
I won’t choose any of the Candace Robb books, as they are part of a series, which I do plan to read in order at some point in the not too distant future.
I have been meaning to read a book in Dutch for a while, and the one I am most interested in is Vogel by Oh Jung-Hee. The English title is The Bird and it’s translated fiction from a South-Korean writer. It is relatively short at 159 pages and it sounds really interesting and a bit different for me. It’s a cute little hardback too.