Back in November I posted The Winter Project, a seasonal TBR of books with wintery titles. So how did I do in the last few months?
BOOKS READ WITH WINTER IN THE TITLE:
- Winterdance (Gary Paulsen) ★★★★★★☆ (non-fiction)
- A Winter Flame (Milly Johnson) ★★★☆☆☆☆ (chick lit)
- Winter’s Heart (Robert Jordan) ★★★★★☆☆ (fantasy)
- Winter Princess (Skye Mackinnon) ★★★★☆☆☆ (paranormal romance)
- Winter (edited by Melissa Harrison) ★★★★★★☆ (anthology)
- The Winter of the Witch (Katherine Arden) ★★★★★★☆ (fantasy)
- Midwinter (Fiona Melrose) ★★★★★★★ (literary fiction)
OTHER BOOKS READ WITH WINTERY WORDS IN THE TITLE:
- The Snow Child (Eowyn Ivey) ★★★★★☆☆ (magical realism)
- The Christmas Forest (Rebecca Boxall) ★★★★★☆☆ (chick lit)
- Christmas at Conwenna Cove (Darcie Boleyn) ★★★★★☆☆ (chick lit)
So I read a total of ten books with wintery titles between December and February and I really enjoyed it! I liked having a stack of books with relevant titles to choose from and three months to read them in.
I have some books leftover for next winter and I am definitely thinking of doing a similar ‘project’ again.
Some titles for next year:
- Snow Like Ashes (Sara Raasch)
- Frost Dancers (Garry Kilworth)
- Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights (Carole Matthews)
- Wintersong (S Jae-Jones)
I might also peruse my bookshelves to see if I have a collection of connected titles for spring and/or summer.