I realised I did not to a wrap-up for March! And I am late for Aprl – things are going well… (not!).
I figured I better combine the two, eventhough March seems an age ago already. Geez, these months fly by!
In March I read quite a bit less than normal with only 7 books and I read 9 in April, which feels a bit more like normal.
So let’s start with March.
And the order I read them in and my ratings:
- The Hate U Give (Angie Thomas) ★★★★★★★
- The Clocks (Agatha Christie) ★★★☆☆☆☆
- My Heart and Other Black Holes (Jasmine Warga) ★★★★★☆☆
- The Unbelievable Death of Joseph Goldberg (Oliver Franks) ★★★★★☆☆
- The Duchess Deal (Tessa Dare) ★★★★★☆☆
- The Bird King (G Willow Wilson) ★★★☆☆☆☆
- Dress Codes for Small Towns (Courtney Stevens) ★★★★★★☆
BOOK OF THE MONTH (MARCH 2019)
The Hate U Give is the first fiction book in a long time I gave full marks. I loved it so much. The characters, the family ties, the events that happen in this book simply felt so real and important that I would thoroughly recommend this book to everyone! I have since watched the movie, which is good too, if not quite so amazing as the book.
- Wakenhyrst (Michelle Paver) ★★★★★☆☆
- Trick (Natalia Jaster) ★★★★★★☆
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue (Maggie Stiefvater) ★★★★★☆☆
- Dutch Girl (Robert Matzen) ★★★★★★☆
- Adulthood is a Myth (Sarah Andersen) ★★★★★★☆
- Strictly Between Us (Jane Fallon) ★★★☆☆☆☆
- The Tragic Daughters of Charles I (Sarah-Beth Watkins) ★★★★★☆☆
- Nocturnal (Wilder Poetry) ★★★★☆☆☆
- Crossroads of Twilight (Robert Jordan) ★★★★☆☆☆
BOOK OF THE MONTH (APRIL 2019):
I am going to have to say Dutch Girl. I really liked the blend of biography of an icon we all know and love and a slice of history of an area in WW II. I think it was very well done and it is definitely the most memorable book I read in April.
Again, highly recommended!
Now I wonder what I will read in May…
Have a great reading month!