For once a readathon took place at the right time for me and it was a joy to participate in The Reading Rush, formerly known as the Booktubeathon.
So, this was my TBR:
1. Read a book with purple on the cover: Sweetpea (C J Skuse) – completed
2. Read a book in the same spot the entire time: Einstein (Ned Hartley/Tom Humberstone) completed
3. Read a book you meant to read last year: The Secret Life of Cows (Rosamund Young) completed
4. Read an author’s first book: Making Cocoa for Kingsley Amis (Wendy Cope) completed
5. Read a book with a non-human main character: A Black Fox Running (Brian Carter) completed
6. Pick a book that has five or more words in the title: Daisy Jones and The Six (Tara Jenkins Reid) completed
7. Read a book and watch the movie adaptation: Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist (Rachel Cohn/David Levithan) completed
Yes folks, you see that right! I actually managed to read all of these books in the last week! I am so proud of myself. I did choose my TBR wisely for a change.
I started out reading Sweetpea, which I was halfway through when the readathon started to be fair, but hey, I have to give myself some slack where I can! I finished that one on Monday.
On Wednesday I finished Albert Einstein, which is a graphic history that I would recommend to anyone who feels history can be a bit dry (I don’t think that by the way!).
On Thursday I finished Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist and re-watched the movie, which was fun.
On Friday I finished reading the best book of the week, which was A Black Fox Running. That book was just…. *insert big lip smack here* 😉
And finally, I finished Daisy Jones & The Six at five to midnight on Sunday! Just in time!
Double yay for myself!!! Seriously though, I really enjoyed this readathon, especially because there is a whole website dedicated to me. If you participated as well and if you are on there, let me know! In that case, how did you do?