Last week I looked at ugly covers. This week I thought I would go through some beautiful covers. But not just beautiful covers – beautiful covers on rather average books!
1. The Muse (Jessie Burton) ★★★★☆☆☆
I actually did unhaul this, despite the beautiful cover.
2. Talking to the Dead (Helen Dunmore) ★★★★☆☆☆
This is the most beautiful little hardback I own and despite my indifference to the contents, it is one I will treasure forever!
3. Riders (Veronica Rossi) ★★★☆☆☆☆
I love this cover. I just wish the story was as exciting as the horse on fire – it isn’t. I will keep it for now though…
4. The Invisible Library (Genevieve Cogman) ★★★★☆☆☆
I read this on e-book, so I don’t own it. Not sure whether I will ever continue with the series, as I was pretty indifferent to this first book.
5. The Bird King ( G Willow Wilson) ★★★☆☆☆☆
I loved this cover so much, but again, the story just did not grab me.
Do you have any book with gorgeous covers that really did not live up to their exterior?