Let’s do another haul review! I will try and read one of these books if my reading continues the way it is right now (which would mean I am well and truly out of my slump!). I am only doing January 2018, as I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself!
Let’s start by looking at the books I bought in January 2018.
Number of Books Hauled: 13
Books read: 6
I am ok with this, especially since a few more are on my 2020 TBR and should get read this year.
- Delivering Virtue (Brian Kindall) ★★★★★☆☆
- The Snow Child (Eowyn Ivey) ★★★★★☆☆
- Dreamer’s Pool (Juliet Marillier) ★★★★★☆☆
- The Humans (Matt Haig) ★★★★★★☆
- A Study in Scarlet & The Sign of the Four (Sir Athur Conan Doyle) ★★★★★★☆
- Centaur (Declan Murphy & Ami Rao) ★★★★★★★
I read four of those in 2018 and 2 in 2019. In fact, Centaur was my non-fiction book of the year in 2019!
- Life After Life (Kate Atkinson)
- The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)
- The Book of Lost Things (John Connolly)
- Botswana Time (Will Randall)
- Holland Mania (Anette Stott)
- Tom Jones (Henry Fielding)
- Moby Dick (Herman Melville)
- Collected Ghost Stories (M R James)
Book Pick for January 2020:
Botswana Time (Will Randall)
I really am not in the mood for a classic. Though Life After Life and The Book of Lost Things are both on my 2020 TBR, I have already read two books of that TBR this month and I know I will get those read this year. However, I have not picked up any non-fiction yet this month, so I have decided to go with Botswana Time.