It’s been an interesting month. I had some really fantastic reads, even some new favourites, and some average ones, but thankfully nothing that truly sucked! At the beginning of May there seemed to be a musical theme to what I was reading so I spontaneously decided to take that and run with it. I only read books with some sort of musical element from there on out. I had a blast!
I read ten books in the end. I had hoped to read more, but life got in the way, like it does sometimes! Still, nothing to be sniffed at!
- Sweet Thing (Renee Carlino) ★★★★☆☆☆
- Face It (Debbie Harry) ★★★★☆☆☆ (audio)
- The Promised Neverland ★★★★★☆☆
- On The Come Up (Angie Thomas) ★★★★★★☆
- Mix Tape (Jane Sanderson) ★★★★★★★
- Wilding (Isabella Tree) ★★★★★★★
- High Fidelity (Nick Hornby) ★★★★★☆☆ (audio)
- This Savage Song (V E Schwab) ★★★★★☆☆
- Heavy Vinyl: Riot on the Radio ★★★★★☆☆
- Meet Me In The Bathroom (LIzzy Goodman) ★★★★★★☆
Face It, Wilding and High Fidelity were audio books and I read two graphic novels this month, which is unusual for me, but I enjoyed it! Sweet Thing and Mix Tape were e-books, but I will definitely be buying a paper copy of the latter! The only books without a musical theme were The Promised Neverland and Wilding. Wilding and Meet Me In The Bathroom were on my 20 for 2020 list, so I am right on schedule for that one!
BOOK OF THE MONTH:
I read four books I really loved, but two of those I adored, which were Wilding by Isabella Tree and Mix Tape by Jane Sanderson. I think my choice will have to be Mix Tape, as I did not expect to love that one as much as I did, whereas I always kind of expected to love Wilding.
Mix Tape spoke to me in so many ways. I loved that is a book about middle aged people, but not written as if they are old, if you know what I mean. They still felt like vibrant characters that had hopes and dreams. I loved that about it. It felt like it was written for me. I truly adored it!