November was not the best of reading months, but it was not that bad either. I read a couple more books than in October, though one off those was a novella and another a poetry book. Overall the standard of reads was pretty decent! I read two new favourites(7-star books)!
Seven of these books I owned physical copies of, though I listened to one of them on audio. The other two were e-books.
- Truly, Madly, Greekly (Mandy Baggot) ★★★★☆☆☆
- The Forty Rules of Love (Elif Shafak) ★★★★★★★
- Call Me By Your Name (Andre Aciman) ★★★★★☆☆
- The Broken Wings (Kahlil Gibran) ★★★★★★★
- The Power (Naomi Alderman) ★★★☆☆☆☆
- Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass (Lana Del Rey) ★★★★★★☆
- In Lucia’s Eyes (Arthur Lapin) ★★★★★☆☆
- I Wanna Be Yours (John Cooper Clarke) ★★★★★★☆ (audio)
- The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter (Theodora Goss) ★★★★★☆☆
BOOK OF THE MONTH
It is a close call between The Forty Rules of Love and the novella The Broken Wings. I have to go for The Broken Wings, as for such a short story it had quite an impact on me. I cried my eyes out! It was so beautiful and tragic. I have The Prophet by the same author on my shelf. I want to read it soon, but if it is as emotional as the The Broken Wings I am not sure I am ready!
DECEMBER READING PLANS
I have three books left on my 2020 TBR, one of which (Lab Girl) I am reading at the moment. I hope to finish those books. I am really in the mood for poetry, so a bit of that may turn up this coming month as well. Apart from that, I am happy to mood read!