Thank you to Siobhan over at her Novelties blog for tagging me earlier today for this wonderfully seasonal book tag. I haven’t done a tag for a while, so I thought I would get to it right away.
1. Crunching Leaves: Pick a book that has reds, yellows and oranges on it.
I think The Artisan Heart by Dean Mayes has a very autumnal cover and includes said reds, oranges and yellows. I could not think of a more fitting cover…
2. Cozy Sweater: It’s finally cold enough to wear warm, cozy clothing. What book gives you the warm fuzzy feelings?
I would go for the original Shannara series by Terry Brooks. Definitely the book version of comfort food for me.
3. Fall Storm: The wind is howling, and the rain is pouring. Pick your favourite book or genre to read on a stormy day.
I HATE stormy days as we live in a very exposed house, so I want to something light and easy. Either some light hearted YA of some sort or a bit of feel-good romance. Nothing too deep.
4. Cool, crisp air: What cool character would you like to trade places with?
Not sure. I think Mat Cauthon in The Wheel of Time series is pretty cool.
5. Hot apple cider: What is an under-hyped book that you want to see being the next big thing?
I love the Gryphon Riders series by Derek Siddoway, which is a self-published YA fantasy series. I am hoping to read the last book this month. The first two were excellent.
6. Coats, Scarves and Mittens: The weather is turning cold and it’s time to cover up. What’s the most amazing book cover you have seen this year?
Easy! Circe by Madeline Miller. Both the naked hardback and the dust jacket are stunning!
7. Pumpkin Spice: What’s your favourite fall time snack to eat while reading?
At the moment I just want to eat crisps… Like, all the time! Does that count?
8. Warm, Cozy Bonfire: Spead the warmth! Who are you going to tag?
I will tag Abbey, Destiny, Meggy and Rita and anyone else who wants to do this tag. If you have already done so, please tag me, so I can read your answers!